Monday, August 28, 2006

Yaayyyy!!


The school busses were rolling this morning and all 3 kids left on them. Unfortunately only two will be coming home on one because The Boy is having a bout of Swimmer's Ear and The Husband took him to the doctor at 10:30am.



It's been quite a week (again). We got a call from the State Dept. of Health about The Husband's lab results. He did battle with Campylobacter - and we had to retrace our meals in Maine, including reporting the chicken barbecue at Dad's church....

Speaking of places we ate, this was one of them:

Big G's makes their own bread and the slices are HUGE! The photo below doesn't do the sandwich justice. This is Older Daughter with half of her half-sandwich ( IOW, she's holding 1/4 of a sandwich. The husband and I split a sandwich and still took home leftovers).



We also ate at Olive Garden one afternoon. Older Daughter ordered chicken parm and I ordered eggplant (which the girls and the Husband refuse to eat. The Boy will eat anything). After helping younger daughter I cut into my eggplant and it seemed unusually firm, so I asked O.D. if she had gotten her chicken. She had taken a bite and declared it good and fine and wonderful until I pointed out that she had my eggplant. Maybe if I cover food in sauce and cheese and tell her it's chicken parmesan she'll eat it...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't pronounce what the husband has, but I am guessing the state dept. wouldn't have called if it had been the flu. How did you remember every place you had eaten? I hope it did'nt come from the church, but then lots of others would have it too! How is the husband feeling now?

My husband wanted to know the prices and location of those sandwiches! They look YUMMY! I am looking up their website!

I love the sound of the "big red bus" rumbling away every morning! (my kids sorta carpool, they ride with the neighbor but if she is unavailable I drive. That would be about one trip for me to nine of hers so far)


Let us know how the boys ear is!

Laurie said...

The Husband is much better, thanks, and The Boy's ear seems to be doing better, but time will tell. Last year he had a nasty bout of Swimmers Ear that had us to the Dr 3 times. Our next visit would have been to an ENT doctor.

The sandwiches are a looooong drive from you - and about 2 hours from the Portland Airport. Winslow, Maine. The prices are on the website. DH and I got a "Miles Standwich" - turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and cheese on homemade bread. I think it was under $7 for a whole one. If you go here http://travel.mainetoday.com/fromaway/051201.shtml
there are pictures and video from Big G's, including a pic of the menu board and a glimpse of the HUGE Whoopie Pies.