Thursday, August 03, 2006

HOT!

104F at Walmart today. On the highway it dropped to 100, then to 94 at home. We've been living in the bedrooms (they have AC) - including eating dinner. The kids' third soccer practice in a row was cancelled - once for thunderstorms and twice for excessive heat (I know - you Arizona gals are practically freezing when it's below 100!).

We're making progress with the treadmill - it's out of the garage and in the house. Now it needs to get upstairs and then get assembled. It's probably not going to sprout legs anytime soon, huh?

Jenny - this is why we can't strip the kitchen floor down to the original wood. This pic is of our basement ceiling and all those nails are holding down two layers of subflooring :o( I suggested to The Husband that we bring down the flooring from the attic but he thinks that sounds like work. So we'll do Pergo.
THIS PIC WILL BE ADDED WHEN BLOGGER DECIDES TO PLAY NICE

We did manage to get the downstairs bathroom fully operational once again! You can replace a closet flange on your own if you know where to get the hinged flange from (it was no small feat! I only found one retailer online for it).

Blogging will be light or non-existent next week.
And I'm gonna post this asap because the power is flickering again (more thunderstorms)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

HEY! I don't get cold until it is below 80! That would have been a couple of evenings this week when the pool was "cold" down to 88!

I am picturing alot of nails, sorta like grass with rusty nails, and thinking "what is the problem?" It would be BEAUTIFUL and think of how much husband would appreciate it after all the work? Or the pergo will be lovely too!

I think if you turn the treadmill upside down it can propel itself up the stairs with the tread part. Sounds good to me!

Congrats on the bathroom...what is a closet flange? Should be pretty nice to have it operating again!