Once again the Science Fair snuck up on us. Fortunately, it's next Saturday and we don't have much going on this week. So Older daughter wants to make several loaves of bread with various changes in ingredients. Yesterday she set out to make the loaves and met with 3 failed attempts at doing so (the bread machine wouldn't mix the dough the way it should). So today I've been fighting with the machine while she's at work with Daddy (no school for President's Day). At the same time I've been helping The Boy experiment with M&M dye and capillary action. The first attempt didn't do what we expected, nor did the SweetTarts. I finally realized that we were using red M&M's which, being a primary color, wouldn't seperate out into other colors (duh!). Of course, the M&Ms I bought were Valentine's leftovers (.44 per bag!) and the rest were pink or white.
So we went to plan B - food coloring in Secondary Colors . And I think it's working - which it a really good thing because I don't have the energy to come up with another project. As it is, we were ready to do an experiment with composting but we couldn't find a bait shop with red worms and the ground was too frozen last week to dig any up.
As my sister once asked - why can't they have History Fairs instead?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment