I seem to have the annoying habit of finding a consumable product that I *really* like which is quickly yanked from the market. However, I also have the good fortune of later seeing those products restored.
The first was Wyler's Beef Boullion Granules (not powder - they're not the same). I found a recipe for "foil dinners" for the campfire and the originator swore by this product. I tried them and everyone liked it, so I began using the Granules in pot roast and beef stew as well as foil dinners.
About a year later they disappeared from the stores. When I called Wylers they told me that they had been discontinued, but sent me coupons for other stuff. Evidently a lot of folks called them and about a year after that I got a jar in the mail with a note that Wylers would be resuming production. Cool.
The second was cheap lotion that I bought at CVS called Malibu Hemp (yup - weird name, I don't know what made me try it). I really liked it, it wasn't too perfumey and it worked well - and since I go through gallons of lotion the -cheap- part was a really good thing, too. When I went back for more there was none to be found. For over a year I looked for it online to no avail. The company didn't have an online presence - the label only gave a Suite number in Minnesota. Then all of a sudden it showed up in WalMart and after a false start (I found it once then it disappeared for 3 months) they've had a steady supply. I still buy a bottle everytime I'm there just in case....
And my 3rd success story thrilled me to no end this week. I found a fabric freshener called Caribbean Mist. It works like Febreeze but it smells much better and is half the price. I bought a bottle to try last summer at the supermarket (Giant). The next time I went there was a 'Discontinued" sign on the shelf so I bought all 6 bottles. I looked in vain for it for 6 months and finally contacted the manufacturer. Someone called me at 7:30 the next morning to tell me that Giant would be carrying it again before Christmas. Well it took until past Valentine's day but it finally showed up so I bought 4 bottles and plan to monitor it's presence at the 3 Giants around here.
Hard to believe that 4 bottles of fabric freshener could make me positively giddy....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE it when that happens Jersey! I so wish it happened more often!
It's always good when you are able to get stuff you like again! I hate it when things disappear....
Post a Comment