We spent Tuesday night at the InLaw's house helping them out after Dad's procedure. We didn't get a lot of snow, either there or here at home, but we did get about 2 inches of white stuff that resembles snow but that feels like ice.
Wednesday in the sleet The Husband took his Mom to the spine doctor to have her brace tightened (and he showed us how to do it). She's doing well and goes back in 6 weeks. Unfortunately, without us being there to beat her into submission she's going to be doing way too much bending and picking stuff up off the floor...
We decided to stay there Wednesday night figuring the kids would have at least a delayed school opening, plus I was too wiped out to drive home. As it turned out school was closed Thursday, too. So Aunt L came to keep The Grandparents in line so we could go home. We got home Thursday around noon and The Husband attempted to pack down enough snow/ice with the truck to enable me to get into the garage. He was minimally successful, but I did get into the garage without too much difficulty. I don't, however, expect to get back out much before April.
Today we're just hanging out and watching movies. The kids were out sledding for an hour or so and I baked a Birthday Cake for church tomorrow night. We're having a Birthday Party for everyone and I volunteered to make the October cake.
Oh, Older Daughter has been given notice. Her disasterous room is to be in reasonable condition by the end of the weekend of I will be posting a photo here. Stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome HOME!
Can I come sledding with you?????
My room is a pretty big mess. As you can see I am overly concerned since I am reading about your week instead of cleaning :) Tell OD she is in great company!
Post a Comment