Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I have some blogging to catch up on now that Christmas is finally done. Well, Christmas isn't done until January 6th, but we have finally seen all of our family and exchanged gifts and all that. Dad and Joan came down from Maine in a snowstorm on Saturday and we saw them at my sister's house yesterday for a few hours before heading home to get ready for church. I didn't make it but The Husband took the kids and his parents. It was a Love Feast service and we really enjoyed the Christmas Eve Love Feast and Mom and Dad wanted to experience one, too.

One of the things the church does at the beginning of the year is hand out a Bible verse to everyone (they're all different and random). I don't know if it's a Moravian tradition or one particular to this congregation. It's a special verse for you to focus on and perhaps study and meditate on. My verse is:
God alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
Psalm 62:6
Back to Christmas. Santa was good to everyone, especially Younger Daughter who actually got a warning note from Santa, pointing out that he *should* have put her on the Naughty List this year but he is giving her a warning and a Grace period to clean up her act!

The theme for The Boy seems to be 'Gross Stuff'. Aunt W and Uncle D gave him a GrossStuff board game, Papa and Grandma gave him a Gross Stuff electronic game, and Daddy gave him a book entitled "The Day My Butt Went Psycho". Lovely. Grandma P gave him a really nice Yankees Jersey and some other assorted Yankees items.

The girls got lots of books and jewelry and other girly stuff. Older Daughter got a Swiss Army Knife and Younger Daughter got a Polly Pocket Cruise Ship with a million and twelve tiny pieces. Santa and others gave us some games to play. I need to sit down with the kids and actually see who gave them what - so many little things. Since the week of vacation was spent mainly playing video games (thanks AuntieL! The Husband is addicted!) today is Room Cleaning Day so we can start the year in decent order and with presents put away nicely. Well, I can dream, can't I??

Mom and Dad got each other nearly identical MP3 players, unbeknownst to each other.... I'm loving mine - I've been listening to lots of podcasts. For The Husband I've been 'ripping' some of his audiobooks to MP3 format for him to listen to.

More later--

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Happy New Year!

Sounds like the family had a wonderful Christmas!

I hope YD gets her act cleaned up. Did Santa give a timeline?

When does school start back for the kids?

Interesting verse you got...so you think it is "random" huh? Maybe to give you strength, or faith?????