

They were yummy with Lignonberry jelly, but by themselves they needed more flavor. I think I'll use the dough to make pretzels next because the cooked bagels had a "crust" like Auntie Anne's pretzels (and the salt should help the flavor).
Recipe from The Bread Machine Cookbook by Donna German
In the bread machine:
1 c water
1 1/2 T honey
1t salt
3 c bread flour
1 1/2 t yeast
Let the machine knead the dough once and allow to rise for only 20 minutes. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Roll each into a rope and form a circle, pressing ends together with a little water to seal. Place on a well greased cookie sheet , cover and let rise 20 minutes. Bring 2 inches of water to a slight boil. Carefully lower 3 bagels at a time and boil 30 seconds on each side. Drain on a towel and return to greased baking pan. Bake in a preheated 550` oven for 8 minutes.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! I would have NEVER thought to MAKE bagels. They look delicious!
They look rather yummy, and with the lignonberry jelly....mmmmm....
hmmmm
they look great
Post a Comment