Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another Thursday and more rain, so I'm guessing that soccer will be cancelled again - which is fine because we also have 2nd Grade Open House tonight.

I've been managing to get some small projects done of late - I have an art swap to get in the mail tomorrow and I have MUCH junk to clear out of here (as usual), but we did manage to put up curtains around the pantry shelves so I don't have to look at the mess all the time. Someday it will be a real pantry...maybe.... I had to do some pantry cleaning because when I wanted to make cinnamon rolls yesterday I discovered that my yeast was dead and my flour was infested with Indian Meal Moths. Ick! And when one dry good is infested it's a good bet that the others are too. So I need to head to Sam's for yeast and flour and buy more of the Lock 'n Lock containers that I LOVE to store dry goods in. We still need to retile the empty space in the kitchen floor but otherwise the Kitchen is more or less under control. Younger Daughter has a corner of the Living Room for her use since her bedroom is so tiny and that has been slowly getting cleaned up and she moved her 'desk' so that she and her Sassy friend can play school (they're in the same class this year and enjoy doing homework together).

We went to a new church last Sunday and The Husband and I both felt at home. We'll be back this week to hear the sermon since Sunday's sermon wasn't really a sermon - it was the (new) pastor's vision for that church, which was pretty much the vision that every pastor (and Christian) ought to have for every church. But both the choir and the congregatonal singing was AMAZING! The Husband, who has a wonderful singing voice and usually sticks out in any congregation, was able to sing loudly and not be obvious. Even the hyms sounded like they were being sung by a full choir, not the anemic, half-hearted singing we've been hearing at other churches. Just a few days earlier I had ordered some Traditional Hymn CDs from CBD because I missed them, but this church could easily fill that void and we hope it will fill some others. If you know me in a churchy way then you won't be surprised that I have chancel issues about this church (there's no cross at the front, only a denominational seal!). Sighhhhh. Maybe the new pastor will address that at some future date.


So I was looking through my photos from Maine in August and noticed that I didn't take very many - and there are even fewer that I really like. The two girls below are Younger Daughter and her cousin "Gwen" (Girl Who Eats Nothing !) who lives in Maine.


1 comment:

Jenny said...

GWEN? LOVE IT! She must really eat something though! Chips? Cheetos? Apples???

I sympathize with you on the pantry problem! We had a HUGE infestation in our old house. You would walk in and the moths were flying everywhere. When you get the new yeast, put it in an airtight jar and store in the fridge. Works wonders!

I am glad you got to attend church and hear beautiful music. I love the music at church. There is an older lady that plays by ear, she can't read a note, but you wouldn't know that, unless you are taking piano and trying to follow along in the hymn book and realize she is clearly playing a chord where only 1 note is indicated in the hymnal! She sort of sways and dances on the piano bench while she plays, it is great!

I hope you got to relax at home instead of going to soccer. You can send the rain to me!