Thursday, July 27, 2006

Update - Part 1

It's been another eventful week and everytime I wanted to blog something we were offline. Our internet seems to be back finally - I think it's because Sassy Neighbor called and yelled at them :o) . Supposedly they've been upgrading our service - but after two weeks of upgrading (and a lot of down time) so far I'm not impressed.

I fell down about 5 stairs last week, but we're pretty sure I tripped on something and it wasn't an MS-related thing. Fortunately I didn't go through the plate glass door at the bottom of the stairs, but I was amazingly sore for a few days.

The Boy and Younger Daughter started soccer this week. We weren't impressed with the organization or communication! I had to email them to find out when it started and I later found out that the coordinator gave me the wrong time. Sassy Neighbor was never contacted, either, so it's not just me. Anyway, we have soccer Tue and Thurs until mid-October.

Our kitchen tile has been inexplicably cracking - particularly in front of the refrigerator. When I cut my foot on a piece of tile I decided it was time to pull it up and investigate. The subflooring was wet from water dripping out of the freezer. So I pulled about 12 tiles and we're planning on moving the fridge so I can pull up a few more then replace them with cheap tiles until next year's tax return arrives and we can put down Pergo.

The next day as I was working on the tiles some more, Older Daughter wend downstairs to reboot the laundry and came back with the news that the basement floor was wet. So I headed down to investigate. I located the leak (or so I thought)in a pipe above the dryer. I went upstairs to try to figure out if the leak was coming from higer up the pipe. In order to accomplish this I had to pull out the stove from it's corner and cut a hole in the wall. Fortunately, this was one of the few drywall walls in .the old part of the house (the rest is plaster). At this point The Husband returned from work and was greeted by children gleefully bounding out of the house with cries of "Hi, Daddy! Mommy's cutting holes in the kitchen wall!".

This story is so long I'll have to post more later... All you need to know right now is that we have no hot water - but it's much easier to deal with now when it's 90 degrees out then it was when our water heater broke on a Friday night during a blizzard.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Do we get pictures of all this mess?

Why did everything have to quit functioning at once?

I can just imagine the look on dh face when the kids started telling him you were cutting holes in the wall....priceless :)

Laurie said...

Photo posted - as well as the reason I didn't get more photos.

I don't think The Husband is very surprised any more when I do things like that.