Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Unplugged

It's been a fun week so far -- our phone line is out so they're sending a repairman on Thursday (so call our cell phones in the meantime), and our Internet has been sporadic (first available appointment is August 1st, but we ascertained that the whole neighborhood was out so they had it fixed today - as well as Sunday. Hopefully this repair will "take"). So I've felt a bit disconnected for the past few days.

Monday morning we took the kids to swimming lessons only to find out that it isn't swimming lessons.... Instead it's the summer recreation program. So they're doing that this week (9-12 every morning - yay!!) and two weeks from now and we still have to find swimming lessons.

There is yet another thunderstorm rolling in. Last night we lost power for 10 minutes and had a brownout later on (necessitating once again resttting all the clocks). I hope this storm will break the humidity, but somehow I doubt it. Sunday we actually had 100% humidity - I didn't think that was possible unless it's raining.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

HEY! Did you move west? Our phone was out for 3 days! They cut a cable...took out the middle of the state!

How nice to have quiet times for two weeks.....

M. said...

phone problems :/........
I know that pain
but sometimes it is good to be disconnect from all of the world hehe
don't you think so...

kisses

maggie