Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Goings on

Bought a treadmill that needs to get moved upstairs. Bought a big air conditioner for the bedroom so the aforementioned treadmill can actually be used in the summer (and so that we don't melt...) which needs to be moved upstairs. Are you seeing the trend here?

Planted two of the garden beds finally and I have the sunburn to prove it :o( The dumb bunnies ate half of the peas and most of the spinach. I tore out the peas to plant tomatoes but the spinach is rebounding. Tomorrow I want to find some eggplant seedlings (which the dumb bunnies also ate - before I even got them in the ground!) and plant the sage that I bought today. I also have some
jalapeno peppers
that I'm going to plant in pots on the upstairs deck - it gets so hot that they did great the first year when I grew them up there. Last year I planted them in the garden and got 3 whole teeny peppers.


We spent Saturday
installing 900 feet of radio fence wire for the dogs. We haven't tried using the collars on them yet but I suspect Shadow is going to need the "Stubborn Dog" collar. I accidently shocked myself with the regular collar and I doubt he would even be annoyed by it.

The Boy will be playing in the baseball All-Star game next weekend (he's *slightly* excited about that) and both he and Younger Daughter got signed up for soccer which starts in July (ugh!).

Only 3 more half days of school left. Pray that I don't go insane before August 28th...

Oh, and I'm playing around with HTML...

4 comments:

Jolene George said...

lots going on there. moving stuff upstairs sounds live a big chore. Did you have to did a trench around the whole property for the dog thing? You are such a hard worker!

Laurie said...

Used a lawn edger - $30/day. The actual cutting took less than an hour. If we had to dig the trench by hand I don't think we would've put in the fence!

Jolene George said...

Great idea Jersey!

Grandma September said...

I'm glad I don't have an upstairs after reading all this. LOL Sounds like exciting times for you!