Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Halloween

It's been so long since I've been here that I was surprised by the background - I had completely forgotten that I'd changed it.

Busy, as usual. I'm the new SS Superintendent at church and evidently I also do most of the Christian Ed. organizing as well. Perhaps I can parlay this gig into an actual Director of CE job someday.

I survived my first big event - the SS Harvest Festival, which was a new event this year, taking the place of the traditional Rally Day Picnic. It didn't go off as envisioned but it went well and folks had a good time. We did a scavenger hunt, with all of the answers on Bible verse posters that were hung throughout the hallways. That was fun for me to plan and I got lots of favorable comments.

The next big event is "Night in Bethlehem" on 11/21. Now that I know how the CE committee works (and that it's pretty much my balywick) the planning should go smoother than Harvest Fest. Additionally, I was thrust into teaching an adult class at the 11th hour when we decided to add a Jr. High class which The Husband would teach. That took him away from the adult class that I was planning on writing but he was going to teach (Revelation). I think that once we finish this unit we will go to a pre-written bible study.

Halloween is over already for us! Trick or treating takes place the Sunday before Halloween out here so it was on Oct. 25th this year. Weird. We do have a party to go to on Halloween and we'll probably do some TorT at Grandma's house that day.

Gotta post this now - off to choir rehearsals (3 of them).

No comments: