Same old busy-ness. Starting to get a little frantic about Christmas - so many projects happening. Every year I *swear* that I'll start earlier the following year....yeah.
We just got home from "A Night in Bethlehem" at our church. The fellowship hall was set up with 5 or 6 tents and there was a family activity to do at each one - weaving, baking, jewelry making and a few others. Oh, and there were shepherds there who took each family to the stable to see baby Jesus. It was a new Advent activity for our church - definitely fun! And The Husband had a LOT of fun as we were leaving. It was snowing and he was able to do doughnuts in the parking lot. And his wife didn't yell at him (much).
Last weekend was busy with 3 church services on Sunday - the Sr Choir sang at both morning services (and The Boy played handbells with one other boy to accompany the choir - they did a great job) and in the afternoon we had an Advent Communion service at which I sang in a quartet. This Sunday we only have to be at one morning service but there is another afternoon service - a Love Feast service of Remembrance and Hope at which the choir is singing. And the Youth Group is leaving first thing in the morning to go to Moravian Open Door in NYC to deliver the Christmas Tree that they funded and to help decorate.
I found a semi-local candle and soap supply shop so I took a drive down this week to get some new fragrance oils for Christmas soap. I made a batch of Honey Oatmeal soap yesterday and cured it in the oven in the mold that I finally got around to making. It's an interesting process (oven prrocessing) and I'm gradually learning what I want from the molds. The next one will be hinged.
It's 10:28pm and I finally hear The Husband coming up the stairs to work on tomorrow's sunday school lesson with me (Essentials of Christianity). And now he's asking Younger Daughter to clean up the red wine that he spilled on the stairs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How about we all start in January for next December???
We have done a night in Bethlehem before...it was great!
Post a Comment