Sunday, August 31, 2008

August Monthly Post :o)

I'm just getting this in under the wire...

School has begun! Tuesday it will begin for real (they have a 4-day weekend for Labor Day). I spent the month of August stocking up on the cheap/free school supplies available (spiral notebooks for $.05, free cap erasers and folders, etc. and amazingly I didn't have to buy much besides two binders and a calculator once the kids got their lists from the teachers.

For the moment we have our "other" 4 kids in the mornings before school starts (actually only 3 of them, the 3 yo goes to day care) and this past week 1st grade girl was very sick with a virus. The Husband worked from home so he could help me out (It didn't help any that I crashed several days in a row - sleeping for 5 hours at a time). Hopefully this coming week will be a bit more normal.

Younger daughter will start her soccer games this week (they've been practicing up til now) and Church activities start up next week. Younger Daughter and The Boy will be doing Jr. bell choir this year. Older daughter would like to but it goes up to 7th grade. She squeaked in last year even though she was "too old". The Husband and I will be teaching an adult SS class plus choir, worship committee and whatever else comes along. O.D. is in choir with us and Sr. Youth Group, the other two are in Jr. Youth Group. Let's just say that we spend a lot of time at church - I often miss living right next door like we did when I was growing up!

We just had a family picnic - just us and Grandma/Grandpa but man am I wiped! Of course, it didn't help that The Husband kept punching and kneeing me in his sleep (allegedly...) so I hardly slept last night. I'm thinking of eating crackers on his side of the bed tonight :-)

No comments: