Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sick, sick, sick

I've been in bed for 3 days with a major cold that has totally knocked me for a loop. Plus yesterday (the husband's work-from-home day) younger daughter was home with a sore throat, which we're thinking might be strep. Then late last night older daughter started complaining of ickyness. So today I'm home with just the animals (including Holly, who was ill during the night...) and The Husband had to go into work today for a major presentation so he took the girls to his parent's house for the day (poor Grandma gets to deal with the two whiny sick girls).

I just went down to let the dogs out and find something to eat. Nothing. There is NOTHING worth eating that won't take every drop of energy that I have to prepare. So I'm off to Wendy's in my pj's to get food. But I have no cash. Fortunately, Wendy's takes debit cards. I just got my new card in the mail (the old one suddenly broke in half...) - I ordered it from the bank on Feb 21st and it never arrived because they sent it to Hillsborough. The second one arrived Tuesday. So before I can go I need to activate it. I called the number and punched in all of the things they asked me to - despite the fact that the rabbit ate the '5' button off of the phone. Now, the last time I activated a card it took about a minute and a half total - punch your buttons, wait 5 seconds for them to activate it and you're good to go. Now it is an opportunity for them to hold you captive while they play commercials - 3 of them totalling 4 1/2 minutes - before they tell you that you can now use your own money.

Here's the 5-less phone. Look who called yesterday!

3 comments:

Grandma September said...

I'm sorry the rabbit ate the 5, is the rabbit doing well other than having a penchant for 5"s? LOL

Laurie said...

All of the occupants of the household are doing well now - my cold is fading and Neo is enjoying harassing Shadow (35 lb Sheltie) by getting too close to Shadow's chew bone. Shadow then growls and picks up the bone and moves at which point Neo follows like a little brother and repeats the scene.

Jolene George said...

James Taylor! LOL! Glad you're on the mend.