Thursday, March 16, 2006

Hi everyone!

We've been giving out the blog URL to a bunch of old friends recently so I thought I'd post some house pics for those of you who haven't been here.

The HTML is giving me fits, so bear with me while I try to get the captions to match the photos!


The back of the house last summer. The little shed to the far right is a real, actual, two-holer outhouse. The larger shed is a summer kitchen with a cool stone fireplace that needs new mortar before it can be used. We haven't completely cleaned either one out (and we haven't even been down into the root cellar)but the kitchen holds bikes and sleds and the outhouse holds the copper fire bowl and other assorted junk (does anyone need some foam outlet or light-switch insulation pads? We have two cases of 'em). Maybe this summer....


The "Back 40". This pic was taken with the last one - it's a 90 degree turn to the camera's right.




The front of the house. Yep, we're really close to the road -- fortunately it's a fairly quiet road.



 

 

 

 

 


The kitchen in the midst of renovation last spring.



 

 

 

 

 


Edited 3/23/06 trying to clean up the HTML, which looks fine in my preview screen but doesn't publish correctly. Aarghhh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all that open space! I'm very jealous. :) --September, www.SeptemberRadecki.typepad.com

Laurie said...

You don't have to mow it. DH was soooo excited about getting his lawn tractor when we moved in, but I'm usually the one cutting the grass! We got a 54" mower deck and I can do most of teh grass that we see in an hour - the rest takes another hour.

Jolene George said...

I so LOVE your house with all the wide open spaces. You must love it so much there.